Mon, Feb 15|
1-Week Reset & Restore
Good health starts in the gut! Follow along with Aimee and Valerie in this 1-week digestive reset to kickstart your wellness in the new year.
Time & Location
Feb 15, 2021, 5:00 PM PST
About the Event
Event Description: Our bodies are powerful machines. We have the power to turn outside substances into forms of nourishment, to filter out toxins, to fight off illness, and heal injuries. However, this all rides on us having a well-maintained machine. Follow along with us in this 1-Week Digestive Reset using the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda to give our bodies a chance to rest and digest. Recipes, instructions, and daily email support will be provided to help you stay on track, while sessions in the beginning and end provide a space for questions, reflection, and connection. This reset is gentle on the body and the guidelines will provide plenty of flexibility and options for different dietary preferences.
- Introductory workshop, 6 days of daily support emails with recipes, reflections, and information, and a Regroup & Reflect Session
February 15th at 5pm PT: Introductory Workshop - (1 hr on Zoom)
- Participants meet with us virtually online to kickstart our week. We will go over basic principles of Ayurvedic self-care and healthy eating guidelines, as well as the parameters for the rest of the week.
February 22nd: Kickoff (includes 30 min Zoom session)
February 22-27th - Follow the Cleanse
- For the next six days, you will follow the guidelines provided. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes and suggestions will be provided.
February 28th: Regroup & Reflect (30 min Zoom)
- Rejoin with us and fellow participants to share experiences, thoughts, and reflections on the week and what you have learned!
About Aimee, Ashtanga Yoga Long Beach: Aimee has since been a dedicated student of R. Sharath Jois and returns regularly to India for intensive study with him. In 2010, Aimee received Sharath’s blessing to teach and is Authorized Level 2. She had the privilege to assist Sharath in the main shala at KPJAYI in 2012 and again in 2016. An avid philosophy student, she began ongoing study of the Yoga Sutras with long-time TKV Desikachar student, Chase Bossart in 2015. Aimee is the owner, director, and primary teacher at Ashtanga Yoga Long Beach. She is the only KPJAYI Authorized Ashtanga Yoga teacher in Long Beach, CA.
Valerie Hwang, Intrepid Ayurveda: Valerie is the owner of Intrepid Ayurveda and is an Ayurvedic Health Counselor certified by the California College of Ayurveda. She is also a dedicated student of Ashtanga Yoga with Aimee and has experienced that through the proper practice of yoga and Ayurveda combined, deep healing and a healthy balance in life can be achieved.
Registration: Sign up by February 8th for the Early Bird Discount (use Coupon Code RESETEB)! Participants are responsible for gathering their own materials:
- Ingredients for Kitchari (A convenient kit by Banyan Botanicals can be ordered here)*
- Ingredients for optional recipes - more information will be provided at the Info session on February 15th.
*A limited supply of kitchari spice mix can be purchased directly from Valerie (by pickup only) - please inquire directly.
We're very excited to bring this program to our community and beyond. Feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions have about the week. Thank you and we look forward to having you with us!
- Ticket type
This is your ticket for all sessions for the event, plus e-mail support and recipes. It does not include the Cleanse Kit.Price$54.00