Sun, Oct 16|
Ashtanga Yoga Long Beach
Fall Group Digestive Reset
Good health starts in the gut! Follow along with Aimee and Valerie in this 1-week digestive reset to kickstart your wellness as we move into Fall.
Time & Location
Oct 16, 2022, 5:00 PM PDT – Oct 30, 2022, 7:00 PM PDT
Ashtanga Yoga Long Beach, 3700 E Anaheim St, Long Beach, CA 90804, USA
About the Event
Event Description: Our bodies are powerful machines. We have the power to turn outside substances into forms of nourishment, to filter out toxins, to fight off illness, and heal injuries. However, this all rides on us having a well-maintained machine. Follow along with us in this Fall Digestive Reset using the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda to give our bodies a chance to rest and digest. Recipes, instructions, and daily email support will be provided to help you stay on track, while sessions in the beginning and end provide a space for questions, reflection, and connection. This reset is gentle on the body and the guidelines will provide plenty of flexibility and options for different dietary preferences.
- Introductory workshop, 7 days of daily support emails with recipes, reflections, and information, and a Regroup and Reintegrate Session
- Discounted optional one-on-one coaching sessions with Valerie or Aimee - please contact us directly and get a 30% discount on consultations for the duration of the reset.
October 16th at 5 pm PT: Reset Orientation - (1 hr on Zoom/in-person)
- Participants meet with us virtually online one week before the reset. We will go over the basic principles of Ayurvedic self-care and healthy eating guidelines, as well as the parameters for the rest of the week.
October 23rd: Kickoff! (includes 1 hr Zoom/in-person)
- We will gather the day before the reset to answer any last minute questions and make sure everyone is ready before we officially start the following morning.
October 24th - 30th: Follow the Reset!
- For the next seven days, you will follow the guidelines provided. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes and suggestions will be provided along with lifestyle and self-care practices.
October 30th: Regroup & Reintegrate (1 hr on Zoom/in-person)
- We will meet to wrap up the end of the reset and discuss how to best reintegrate back into our regular lives and diets. Participants will be given the chance to also reflect on their experience.
Your Reset Leaders
About Aimee, Ashtanga Yoga Long Beach: Aimee has since been a dedicated student of R. Sharath Jois and returns regularly to India for intensive study with him. In 2010, Aimee received Sharath’s blessing to teach and is Authorized Level 2. She had the privilege to assist Sharath in the main shala at KPJAYI in 2012 and again in 2016. An avid philosophy student, she began on-going study of the Yoga Sutras with long-time TKV Desikachar student, Chase Bossart in 2015. Aimee is the owner, director, and primary teacher at Ashtanga Yoga Long Beach. She is the only KPJAYI Authorized Ashtanga Yoga teacher in Long Beach, CA.
Valerie Hwang, Intrepid Ayurveda: Valerie is a Board-Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner and is the owner of Intrepid Ayurveda, her private Ayurvedic clinic in Bixby Knolls. She is a graduate of the California College of Ayurveda, Southern California University of Health Sciences, and Bhagavat Life's Ayurvedic Nutrition and Culinary Training programs. She has studied under many talented Ayurvedic doctors and practitioners, including Dr. Jayagopal Parla, Dr. Marc Halpern, Divya Alter, and currently also works for Dr. Prasad and Manjusha Vinjamury at Acuveda Holistic Health.
Registration: $99 per participant. Venmo @intrepidayurveda to confirm your spot, or sign up here and we will send you an invoice via e-mail. **If you have participated in our reset before, please get in touch for a special discount!
Participants are responsible for gathering their own materials:
- Ingredients for Kitchari (A convenient kit by Banyan Botanicals can be ordered here)*
- Ingredients for optional recipes - more information will be provided at the Orientation on October 16.
We're very excited to bring this program to our community and beyond. Please get in contact Valerie or Aimee if you have any questions. Thank you and we look forward to having you with us!
Let's Reset! ($99)
The full digestive reset experience with Aimee and Valerie. Upon registering we will send you an invoice to pay the fee.